It’s been over 3 weeks since I last stuck anything on this, as, simply, I could not be arsed. I’ve been so very busy doing absolutely nothing (again), which means that I will write about a lot of things, yet none of it will be very interesting; apologies. The timeline of events will go only on the order in which pictures appear on my phone, as I can’t remember most of it. Last post was en route home, so I’ll start there. After that post, I spent another 6 hours entertaining myself thus;
It was good! I saw loads of people who I haven’t seen since Christmas, and some who I haven’t seen since before I moved, in September. Not being able to drink was a bit of a pain, but I’m used to it now, I think. In essence; I saw Ginger Tom, who took me on a marvellous day out, which involved the beach, the park and his house; of my favourite places in the entire world. His mum also had the most incredible sunglasses;
I spent a lot of time with Shaun, which was wicked. We went to a pub to watch him play darts, Bob came along too which was good. He had a BBQ (‘braai’) at his house later in the week which was good fun, was nice to see other people. I ended up bed-bound for 3 days with some unidentifiable illness which was a bit shit, I was so bored. Spent time with family, friends and everything inbetween, basically, and ended up staying there 10 days, I had a really good time. Was good to get back to London though! I got the coach back with Sammi which made it more ideal, as I had someone to talk to hah. We were shattered, as we both needed to be up before 6am.
During the journey to Paragon we caused a riot. Nearly started a bomb scare in Victoria Station when I had to leave my bag behind, we spilt everything everywhere, ate too many toffee bon-bons and I went wild and stole an espresso cup.
The night we got back we headed to The Globe with a couple of people for a catch-up which was good, I headed home early though as I was the only sober one hah.
So, since I’ve got back I’ve been fine-tuning plans for the summer, I’d love to say it’s all shaping up nicely but it’s not, I have bits of paper stuck all over my walls so I can remember everything, and I’m sending a zillion emails a day to various parts of the globe, and it’s all nightmarish. Like I’ve said though, if it all works out, then it’s going to be a wicked few months! May and June are so ridiculously busy, things are already happening! I spent pretty much all last week in the park as the weather has been divine, with various people, which has been good :)
Last Thursday, Sammi left for Ibiza for the next few months which is weird, I’ll miss her! Friday, went to Westfields and all around West London, all I came out with was a smoothie which I was proud of. went to Dan’s gig, saw their band for the first time, he thinks I wasn’t impressed but I was really. Saturday, fun fair then to Craig’s for his birthday, I had a really good day/night! Apart from me & Dan going on a ridiculous ride or two, and having to sleep it off afterwards hahah. And apart from the arcade machine that handed out cigarettes;
Sunday, lazed about a while at Craig’s then headed back to Paragon and spent the day in bed, basically. Monday, exam, then lazing around the SU, then choir, then hometime after Ev had spent 2 hours teaching me about rugby. When I got home I discovered that my jersey had arrived, FINALLY found one online. Comfiest thing ever ever.
Please excuse my bong-eye.
Yesterday, I finally made the pilgrimage to Thorpe Park! Me, Rory, Steptoe, Truffle, Des, Hannah, Amy & Ariela all got up really early and met at the park at about half ten, and we all left at about half 5, and it was such a good day! The weather was brilliant, the tickets were half-price and the company was good; perfection.
- The weather.
- The 2-for-1 system we put to great use.
- The fact that transport there & back cost less than 8 quid!
- Truffle’s traumatic (but hilarious) experience on a ride where the bloke couldn’t quite close the seat’s harness thing around Truffle’s prop legs. It was the one ride where all other people could see, and it was hysterical. After a bigger, burlier attendant finally closed it, everyone else on the ride burst into applause, and it was fucking brilliant.
- Truffle shouting “THIS ISN’T NORMAL” on most rides.
- Going on a day where the park was practically empty, and we hardly queued.
- 4 boys and 4 girls; perfect amounts for most rides.
- Racing on the Depth Charge and me winning.
- Fiver for more pick&mix than I can shake a stick at.
- Avoiding the second wave of the Tidal Wave by less than an inch after Steptoe saved me.
- Truffle trying to read a map that had been soaked and ripped on the Tidal Wave ahahahaaa!
- The photos! We got an excellent photo of all 8 of us on the Rumba Rapids; we’re sat in pairs and, unintentionally, each pair are doing the same thing - me & Des are thumbs-up, Rory & Hannah are pouting, Truffle & Ariela are being a bit odd, and Steptoe & Amy are just smiling nicely. We bought it between us, smashing plan.
- Yelling ‘CHICKEN SPOTTTTT!” top note on a ride whilst Amy filmed us; best advertising ever.
- Saw Ride - fucking amazing.
- Looking like a drowned rat for the rest of the day after Tidal Wave.
- Screaming like a maniac at a loud noise whilst waiting for Saw.
- The Saw Maze being closed.
- Waiting for aaages for Samurai after someone had been sick on it.
- Getting worryingly stuck in The Detonator; all the people queueing had sheer panic on their faces, though not as much as mine when the woman who was meant to be getting me out started worrying. I thought I was doomed to going up & down on the thing for the rest of my life.
- Truffle not getting the photo from the first ride we went on (Stealth), he looked like he was actually crying, I nearly wet myself laughing.
- X No Way Out, running around the corridors like our lives depended on it.
- Making it all the way through the day with no injuries, then getting my arm jammed in the bus door on the way home.
- Sunburnt nose!
(I just realised that a lot of these points are Truffle-related).
And today is VARSITY.
TVU versus Westminster. I’ve been roped into playing 5-a-side which can only end badly. It’s not a very sunny day which is a shame, but also probably a good thing at the same time. I’ll let you know how it goes!